A passion is commonly defined as something you are really enthusiastic or excited about doing. You simply love doing it! Most people have a passion but often have trouble figuring out exactly what it is.
In school, you’re exposed to a curriculum of subjects, but the outside world has SO many more possibilities. If you haven’t found something you’re passionate about, it probably just means you haven’t tried enough things. Take that ballroom dance class that you’ve always been curious about or finally muster up the courage to join your local choir. The key to finding your passion is trying as many things possible, and the ones that stick around long-term most likely will become your passions.
Once you find your passion, you have two choices.
- You can start working on how you can turn your passion into a money-making career. You’re set for life if you can find a way to get paid for doing what you love. If you’re going to bust your butt working hard, it pays to be something you actually love doing! Stay tuned for Kim’s lifestyle mentorship programmes that will help you turn your passion into a business!
- Keep your passion as your hobby. Some of you will want to do something else as a career and keep your passion for the weekends as your extracurricular go-to activity. This works too!
Whatever you choose to do make sure to follow your gut, listen to your intuition and choose what is right for you! Just know that in this decision making process, EVERYTHING is possible and you can have it all – you just have to do the work and THINK about it. When the WHY you want something is strong enough the HOW will present itself.
In the meantime, here are 4 common signs that you’ve stumbled upon your passion.
1. You’re naturally really good at your passion.
A passion is something you were born to do. While others may struggle to do your passion, you find it really easy. When you have a natural ability to do something, your natural talent shines. You’re really good at it, and have always received positive feedback when doing it from the very first time you did it. Use this positive feedback to motivate you to continue to work hard on your passion.
2. It makes you super happy!
Passions can bring you huge amounts of joy and fulfilment. It makes you giddy, and you often find yourself grinning from ear to ear when doing your passion. From the moment you wake up, you can’t wait to start working on your passion.
3. You spend a lot of time doing it.
Most of your spare time is spent doing your passion. You find yourself practicing and reading about your passion constantly! Before you know it, you’ve spent your entire day working on your passion. When you’re passionate about something, it’s so easy to lose track of time.
4. It doesn’t feel like a chore.
You could be up until midnight working hard on your passion, and still never complain about it. When you love doing what you do, it never feels like a chore. You happily spend all of your days perfecting your passion, without anyone having to force you to do it.